Canada, as we all know, is a country full of opportunities for everyone from a skilled worker, student, to a business owner. To get the most out of these opportunities, the travelers must choose an appropriate visa program offered by the Canada immigration. As the criteria and purpose of each visa is different than others, you should have some knowledge about the visa types before you immigrate to Canada. Here is a list of the different visas from which you can choose one that best suits you:
- Temporary Resident Visas/Visit Visas
Temporary Resident Visas are for the people who want to visit Canada for a short period of time. The validity of the visa depends on the purpose of the application. Approximately, a visit visa holder can stay in Canada for a six-month time period. For continuing the stay even after six months, he/she needs to apply for an extension before the expiry of the TRV (Temporary Resident Visas).
- Student Visas
Students from around the world, who aren’t a permanent citizen of Canada can also seek Canadian education by after applying for a Canada Student Visa. The validity of the visa depends on the educational course duration. Some universities in Canada also allow such students to work in-campus while studying on a study permit. Here is a list of conditions necessary for a student visa:
- A school, college, or university of Canada’s acceptance letter
- Evidence for showing your ability to pay the tuition fees, living expenses, and transportation charges
- A good health proof through medical examination
- Letter of Purpose to show your commitment to leave Canada after completion of the educational course
- Work Permits
A permit that allows you to stay for a medium-term and work in Canada, Work permit requires a job offer from a Canadian employer. The most common permit for work is the Post-Graduation Work Permit, allowing the students pursuing post graduation in Canada to do a job while studying for their post-graduation. For obtaining a Post-Graduation Work Permit, the time period of your course of study shall be more than eight months.
- Permanent Resident Visa
Most commonly applied for long-term stays, the permanent resident visa has exclusive benefits and facilities for residents. As the candidates who apply for a PR visa can gain permanent residency status for himself/herself and his/her family too, it has larger benefits in comparison with the work permits and other types of visa. The three types of Canada Permanent Residence Visas include:
- Canada Express Entry Visas- The Canada PR visa programs which come under express entry visas include the federal skilled worker visa (for skilled professionals), federal skill trades visa (for skilled tradesperson), Canada experience class (for international graduates/ temporary workers), and provincial nominee program (for candidates with skills most needed by a province).
- Atlantic Immigration Program- A job offer is mandatory for the Atlantic Immigration Program, which the Canadian government started to fill the Atlantic Provinces vacancies faster. The process for this program takes comparatively less time and, there is less constraint over English language skills and work experience.
- Quebec Immigration Programs- The Quebec skilled worker visa program is a well-known visa program for which you can apply if you want to settle in Quebec. The application and selection system of the Quebec Immigration Program is through a first-cum-first basis. It has a lengthy processing time.
- Start-Up Visa Program
Business owners with an intention to start their business and eventually settle in Canada should apply for the start-up visa program. The candidates applying for this visa should have a business plan supported by a designated investor agency and must have enough funds for establishing the business and settling in Canada. Along with these traits, they should also meet the basic language skills and educational requirements and, agree to hire a specific number of Canadians in their organization.
- Caregiver Program
To deal with the increase in the aging population and the shortage of workforce to cater the caregiver services, Canada invites talented individuals from outer nations for caregiver jobs or nursing.
- Family Class Immigration Program
Some widely applied Family Class Immigration Programs in Canada include spouse sponsorship, parent grandparent programs, and the super visa program. Through these programs, a Canadian citizen can sponsor his spouse, dependents and/or parents and grandparents for immigration to Canada.
Hence, before planning your visit to Canada, you should be clear about your intentions and choose a visa type for your Canada Electronic Travel Authorization accordingly.